30 minutes ago Ubuntu 10.04 has been released, according to the features page:
Your Ubuntu, your way
Enjoy the simplicity of Ubuntu’s stylish, intuitive interface. Fast, secure and with thousands of apps to choose from, Ubuntu gives you a clean and streamlined experience that you can really make your own. And now you can even decide how you want it to look. Simply choose between our new and classic desktop experiences.
Wait for a full review in a couple of days.
As reads on their website “After 8 months of hard work, you can learn what is new, download it and upgrade!”
Yes, openSUSE 11.4 finally has arrived!
- The default openSUSE desktop, the KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.6, but also includes GNOME 2.32, XFCE 4.8 and LXDE 0.5.
The first shipping LibreOffice and Firefox 4.
- openSUSE’s ZYpp package management introduces a new MultiCurl backend, support for zsync transfers and Metalink download support.
- Kernel 2.6.37 which includes better hardware support, including the brand new open Broadcom Wireless drivers (4313, 43224, 43225)
- Tumbleweed is a major new initiative from the openSUSE community, providing “Rolling Release Management” of stable application packages.
- The well-known third-party Packman repositories for openSUSE are rearranged.
Download completed… will give it a try next week.
Gentoo Linux LiveDVD 11.0 was released yesterday!
It includes Linux Kernel 2.6.37 (with Gentoo patches), KDE SC 4.6, GNOME 2.32, OpenOffice 3.2.1, Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13 among other great software!
- Writable AUFS support so you can emerge new packages!
- Persistancy for $HOME is available; press F9 for more info!
More details here
Download in progress… 🙂