Recently I went to a forum about ISO/IEC 27001. At the end of the forum what caught my attention was the changes on the new version draft, where the main approach is to standardise all ISO normalisation documents to SL Annex, here is a list of the mail changes:
- Definitions is gone from ISO/IEC 27001, now ISO/IEC 27000 definitions apply.
- PDCA model removed, continuous improvement is inherent.
- +28 new mandatory requirements for a total of 130.
- Inclusion of new sections.
- Implementation order is irrelevant, what matter is get compliant.
- Riskowner is the new role for risk assessment process.
- -19 controls on Annex A, going from 133 in version 2005 to 114 in new draft.
There a couple more changes but I think this are the most relevant.
If deploying a document management solution seems daunting for your organization, don’t worry – KnowledgeTree has distilled the document management best practice process into 8 manageable steps.
View an infographic that illustrates the 8 Steps for Success when selecting and implementing online document management software for your small and medium business.
You’ll be walked through a set of key points to consider as you:
- Define your document management objectives and system requirements
- Understand your business processes
- Determine your preferred delivery model – on-premise or hosted
- Select a document management system
- Prepare to implement it
- Get started and ensure user adoption
Original URL for this post: